Start a Career with The Music Shoppe
The Music Shoppe is looking for highly motivated individuals to help the business grow. Started in 1961, The Music Shoppe served the needs of Bloomington-Normal’s music community. Today, we have three locations in Normal, Champaign, and Springfield, and our community stretches from I80 south to Effingham.
The heart of our business is band & orchestra; The Music Shoppe works with several hundred school districts throughout Illinois. We also have a thriving Pro-Sound Center which offers guitars, drums, sound equipment, pianos and more. Additionally, we have the area’s largest sheet music department, instrument repair, and lesson studios. We are truly a one-stop shoppe for any musician.
The Music Shoppe has become the area’s first choice for all-things-music due to its exceptional staff. As we look to continue and expand upon the quality of our service, The Music Shoppe is seeking talented, self-motivated individuals.
Shipping & Receiving | Normal | Full-time
- Receive inventory on a daily basis.
- Update our sales system with corrected inventory cost
- Package orders for a variety of shipping methods
- Maintain and organize the warehouse
- Assist with deliveries of large instruments to residential and business locations.
- Working knowledge of musical instruments
- Highly proficient computer and organizational skills
- Ability to lift 50lbs on a regular basis.
- Previous warehouse experience recommended
- Full time, 8am-5pm Monday-Friday
- Great health insurance
- SIMPLE IRA with employer matching
- Vacation and sick paid time off
Contract Coordinator | Normal | Full-time
The contract coordinator will also participate in the administrative activities of the business, including taking incoming calls, mailing, filing, some sales, and special projects as they come.
- With intense focus on customer service, communicate with customers regarding accounts
- Provide renters with information on their contracts and work to find solutions based on their needs
- Maintain customer contracts and information
- Oversee organization and efficient handling of customer contracts
- Data entry
- Handling instruments as needed
- Working with the company’s software system
- Other duties as they arise
- Ability to communicate accurately and effectively
- Ability to work independently and focus in a lively and/or hectic environment
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work in close proximity to other staff members
- Flexibility within work schedule.
- Personality is a plus in the music industry!
- 4 year music degree or equivalent experience
- No less than 1 year of customer service experience
- Proficient computer skills
- Full time (hourly). Work schedule includes evenings and some Saturdays.
- Health and vision insurance
- Paid vacation/sick/personal time
- Flexible work environment
Customer service | Springfield | Part-time
Applicants should be able to answer a resounding “YES!” to the following questions:
Do you love music?
Are you excited to see students start band or orchestra?
Are you willing to learn about new products?
Are you a great communicator?
Do you have a working knowledge of computers?
If that sounds like you, then send your resume in using the form below. The position starts part-time with a flexible number of hours, and it may grow into a full-time position with benefits.
Studio Teachers | All locations
Champaign, IL location: Orchestral strings, guitar, and percussion
Springfield, IL location: All instruments
- Create individualized lesson plans for a wide range of students
- Professionally maintain a weekly lesson schedule
- Some college training or professional background on your instrument
- Private teaching experience preferred
- Strong verbal communication and time management skills
- Must be able to pass background check
- Set your own schedule, rate, and lesson structure
- Teacher discount on gear
- Have your studio promoted in-store
Submit Your Resume
Please use the form below to upload your resume.