Start a Career with The Music Shoppe
The Music Shoppe is looking for highly motivated individuals to help the business grow. Started in 1961, The Music Shoppe served the needs of Bloomington-Normal’s music community. Today, we have three locations in Normal, Champaign, and Springfield, and our community stretches from I80 south to Effingham.
The heart of our business is band & orchestra; The Music Shoppe works with several hundred school districts throughout Illinois. We also have a thriving Pro-Sound Center which offers guitars, drums, sound equipment, pianos and more. Additionally, we have the area’s largest sheet music department, instrument repair, and lesson studios. We are truly a one-stop shoppe for any musician.
The Music Shoppe has become the area’s first choice for all-things-music due to its exceptional staff. As we look to continue and expand upon the quality of our service, The Music Shoppe is seeking talented, self-motivated individuals.
Customer Service Associate | Springfield, IL | Part-time
About The Music Shoppe
The Music Shoppe specializes in service to music education, providing Central Illinois with high quality instruments and equipment, as well as sound gear, print music, and the largest instrument repair service in the area. Servicing over 400 schools in Central Illinois, our goal is to provide all musicians, from the student beginner to the seasoned player, with quality product, service, and experience.
- Degree in music or long-term instrumental music experience required.
- At least one year experience in sales/customer service.
- Basic computer skills. We will train you on our industry-specific sales software, but familiarity with Gmail, Word, and Excel is required.
Qualities we look for:
- Strong musical knowledge.
- Good listening skills
- Ability to communicate accurately and effectively
- Showing an eagerness to learn
- Listen to the needs of the customer, and make recommendations based on your expertise.
- Help guide families through our instrument rental programs, from explaining the features to filling out the paperwork.
- Evaluating new merchandise
- Maintain product displays, whether that means restocking, dusting, organizing, tuning, or oiling.
Part time – 25-30 hours per week. Typical schedule would be:
- Tuesday: 2pm-7pm
- Wednesday: 2pm-7pm
- Thursday: 2pm-7pm
- 2-3 Saturdays per month
- Employee discount on gear
- Pay is an hourly rate based on experience plus commission on sales.
Studio Teachers | All locations
Champaign, IL location: French Horn, Double Bass
Springfield, IL location: Cello, Guitar
- Create individualized lesson plans for a wide range of students
- Professionally maintain a weekly lesson schedule
- Some college training or professional background on your instrument
- Private teaching experience preferred
- Strong verbal communication and time management skills
- Must be able to pass background check
- Set your own schedule, rate, and lesson structure
- Teacher discount on gear
- Have your studio promoted in-store
Submit Your Resume
Please use the form below to upload your resume.