Start a Career with The Music Shoppe
The Music Shoppe is looking for highly motivated individuals to help the business grow. Started in 1961, The Music Shoppe served the needs of Bloomington-Normal’s music community. Today, we have three locations in Normal, Champaign, and Springfield, and our community stretches from I80 south to Effingham.
The heart of our business is band & orchestra; The Music Shoppe works with several hundred school districts throughout Illinois. We also have a thriving Pro-Sound Center which offers guitars, drums, sound equipment, pianos and more. Additionally, we have the area’s largest sheet music department, instrument repair, and lesson studios. We are truly a one-stop shoppe for any musician.
The Music Shoppe has become the area’s first choice for all-things-music due to its exceptional staff. As we look to continue and expand upon the quality of our service, The Music Shoppe is seeking talented, self-motivated individuals.
Shipping/Receiving | Normal | Part-Time
- Receiving of items on a daily basis in a timely fashion, with close attention to costs and quantities.
- Proper packaging of all shipments to customers and returns to vendors.
- Performing basic instrument setups as they are received.
- Keeping warehouse area clean and organized.
- 20-25 hours per week.
Applicants should be:
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work with little direct supervision.
- Able to lift 50 lbs, stand for duration of shift, go up and down stairs, and tolerant of temperature variations through seasons.
- Familiar with musical instruments, especially band & orchestra.
String Technician/Luthier | Normal | Full-Time
- Understand and learn shop specifications and techniques for professional instrument repair, restoration, and set-ups
- Complete routine repairs including broken bridges, bows, pegs, soundpost adjustments, open seams, instrument cracks, tonal adjustments, etc.
- Perform instrument set-ups for rental and sales instruments
- Develop ability to accurately diagnose instruments and bows for repairand provide written and/or verbal estimates as needed
- Assist with preparing appraisals and insurance estimates
- Create and maintain inventory of instrument repairs
- Prioritize work flow and shop repair commitments
- Maintain organized work area and professional work environment
- Develop relationships with musicians, repair/restoration professionals, instrument makers and luthiers
- Provide general customer service and in-store support, as needed
- Provide new ideas for products and improvements to services
- Passion and patience for working with string instruments
- Willingness to learn repair techniques to meet shop specifications
- Working knowledge of woodworking
- String instrument repair diploma, certification in string instrument repair, and/or relevant work experience
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Competitive pay
- Health & Life insurance
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- SIMPLE matching retirement plan
- Employee discount on gear
Studio Teachers | Champaign, Springfield
- Create individualized lesson plans for a wide range of students
- Professionally maintain a weekly lesson schedule
- Some college training or professional background on your instrument
- Private teaching experience preferred
- Strong verbal communication and time management skills
- Must be able to pass background check
- Set your own schedule, rate, and lesson structure
- Teacher discount on gear
- Have your studio promoted in-store
Submit Your Resume
Please use the form below to upload your resume.