How to use a tuner:
- Turn on your tuner.
- It should be set to tune at A440, the frequency used most often to tune. If not set correctly, the tuner should have a guide to change this.
- Make your pitch with one good, long, strong sound.
- Observe which way the needle moves:
- Left = Flat: The pitch is too low
- Right = Sharp: The pitch is too high
- Adjust your instrument as needed.
- Strike your pitch again to test the adjustment.
Once the needle is in the center, the pitch is in tune.
Depending on the tuner your choose, a green light may light up when your pitch is in tune.