Start a Career with The Music Shoppe
The Music Shoppe is looking for highly motivated individuals to help the business grow. Started in 1961, The Music Shoppe served the needs of Bloomington-Normal’s music community. Today, we have three locations in Normal, Champaign, and Springfield, and our community stretches from I80 south to Effingham.
The heart of our business is band & orchestra; The Music Shoppe works with several hundred school districts throughout Illinois. We also have a thriving Pro-Sound Center which offers guitars, drums, sound equipment, pianos and more. Additionally, we have the area’s largest sheet music department, instrument repair, and lesson studios. We are truly a one-stop shoppe for any musician.
The Music Shoppe has become the area’s first choice for all-things-music due to its exceptional staff. As we look to continue and expand upon the quality of our service, The Music Shoppe is seeking talented, self-motivated individuals.
Administrative Assistant | Normal | Full-time
- Communication with customers regarding their accounts and finding empathetic solutions to meet the needs of the customer and the company.
- Maintain organization, computer records, inventory, and custom calculation of contracts.
- Answering, responding to, or directing customer phone calls with the goal of providing outstanding service.
- Ability to communicate accurately and effectively.
- Ability to work independently and focus in a “lively” environment- we’re musicians, after all!
- Confidence with phones, email, and learning new software.
- Music or business degree.
- At least 1 year of customer service experience.
- Excellent computer skills. We use Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and POS software on a daily basis.
- Full time – Must be available evenings and Saturdays
- Great health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick time
- SIMPLE IRA
- Medical Reimbursement
- Life insurance
If interested, please submit cover letter, resume, and references.
Customer service | Springfield | Full-time
Applicants should be able to answer a resounding “YES!” to the following questions:
Do you love music?
Are you excited to see students start band or orchestra?
Are you willing to learn about new products?
Are you a great communicator?
Do you have a working knowledge of computers?
If that sounds like you, then send your resume in using the form below. The position starts part-time with a flexible number of hours, and it may grow into a full-time position with benefits.
Studio Teachers | All locations
Champaign, IL location: Orchestral strings, guitar, and percussion
Springfield, IL location: All instruments
- Create individualized lesson plans for a wide range of students
- Professionally maintain a weekly lesson schedule
- Some college training or professional background on your instrument
- Private teaching experience preferred
- Strong verbal communication and time management skills
- Must be able to pass background check
- Set your own schedule, rate, and lesson structure
- Teacher discount on gear
- Have your studio promoted in-store
Submit Your Resume
Please use the form below to upload your resume.